Saturday, July 5, 2008

Better Dead than Gay?

 
Better to be Dead than Gay?

Good site giving information on suicide among LGBT people.

We know we all love to live. How much pain must one person go through to not want to live?

This suicide letter caught my eye. It is an excellent examples of the kind of suffering caused by "kind and compassionate" believers through their ignorance and stupidity:

Dear Family and Friends,

I'm sorry it had to end this way but it was my fate. I couldn't handle life anymore. You see, the reason I ran away before to commit suicide is the same reason I did again. I'm gay. I never wanted to be and I always wished it would change, but it didn't. I wanted to live a normal life but God created me this way for some reason and there was nothing I could do to change it. I was born this way, believe me I would not choose this way of life for I know how hard and unaccepted it is. I'm painfully sorry you all had to deal with this but I couldn't deal with it. This way I could live a peaceful afterlife instead of a life of fear, agony, and manic depressiveness. Please realize I did not want to hurt anyone I just wanted to end my own pain. I love you all dearly and will someday see you all again hopefully with your understanding hearts and souls. I just hope God will bring me to heaven.

Love always and eternally,
Bruce

Bruce was 21 when he wrote this, before jumping off a cliff to end his life.

Another revolting thing is when people "pray" when someone commits suicide in such a manner, instead of standing up to religion to make sure it doesn't happen again. Just as people prayed after 9/11.
 

No comments: